THE LIEBSTER AWARD

liebsterHi guys….I know I’m not a newbie on blogosphere but I’m so sorry for publishing my Liebster Award post after so long. I was busy in certain real life things but now I’m answering all the lovely questions that my fellow bloggers asked me and thanks everyone for nominating me. Better late than never!

The Rules

Official rules for the Liebster award:

1. Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
  2. Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
  3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
  4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
  5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.

Questions by  from “Bright Little World”:

1. Why do you like dramas so much?

There are more than one reasons for it: they are really feel-good and make me happy, they have a complete story with a limited length and they have so much heart.

2. What was your first drama? If you hadn’t liked it would you still have continued watching dramas?

My first drama was Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. Yes, I would have continued to watch dramas as that show was one of the long list of dramas that I decided to watch and if it were not good, I would have tried another one. BUT it was simply awesome!

3. Give us one tip for balancing everything out- real life and watching dramas and blogging, please?

Watch dramas live: only 2 hours a week + the real life work + blog about it and that would take 4 hours maximum and don’t blog daily but weekly. I hope that helps…

4. Have you ever tried soju or makgeolli?

I don’t drink 😉

5. What are the top 5 places you would like to visit one day?

Hmm….actually there are so many…let’s see…Switzerland, Los Angeles, Seoul, Paris and Rome.

6. Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.

I love reading and my favourite writer is Agatha Christie and my favorite book series is Harry Potter.

-I love the smell of wet soil just after rain.

-My most favorite TV serial is Friends (1994-2004).

-My favorite food is rice.

-I used to read a lot of Nancy Drew novels in my school days and I still have a huge collection and I read them sometimes to get that nostalgic feel of good old days 🙂

Questions by BetsyHp from “Creating Volumes”:

1. If you could have one mutant power, what power would it be?

Controlled Invisibility 😉

2. Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Breakfast 😀 It always gives me good feelings while waking up…lol

3. Why a blog and why the k-drama?

I watched My Little Bride and in my search for more K-movies, by chance I found the world of dramas and after watching my first one, there was no looking back! I love how these dramas make me happy. Blogging started after getting inspired from so many blogs and I wanted to write my thoughts on it. Earlier I started as I loved dramas but now I love writing as well.

4. If you could be in a k-drama, what drama would you choose? And would you be an established character, yourself, yourself with mutant powers, fill-in-blank?

Hm, tough question….I think it would be You’re Beautiful. As for the character, I think I want to be the cupid between the main couple so that I can help them to solve their misunderstandings and have their happily ever after 🙂 Also I would like to have the romance with the second lead so that he can also have his happy ending 😀

5. If you created a second blog about something completely different from what you’re blogging about now, what would it be about?

Books or movies.

Questions by bimbobunny from “It’s A Fangirl’s Wonderland”:

• What are your dreams for the future?

There are many actually. Big and small. Normal and over-the-top.

• What influenced and made you want to start blogging?

• If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

I want to reduce my craziness for neatness.

• Any final words?

Thanks for nominating me. I’m glad to meet so many friends through the common love we share for dramas and writing 🙂

Questions by Erl from “A Mix Of Anything And Everything”

1. What is your motivation to continue blogging?

Learning new things about writing, dramas and my dear readers.

2. What is your favorite blog post, one that you have written?

The one I posted about “Writing a recap”.

3. How do you spend a typical weekend?

Sleeping, watching movies/ dramas, reading.

4. What has been your biggest blogging challenge so far?

I have encountered many since I seriously started blogging: technical, writing, attracting readers etc. but I think getting my first comment on the blog was challenging.

5. What is that moment in your life that you regret the most?

Again there are many, that can range from a very trivial matter to something big but I take the mistakes as a learning experience in life.

6. What are your favorite and least favorite drama clichés?

Most favorite: cold and arrogant drama hero who later changes due to love.

Least favorite: annoying in-laws, bitchy second female leads and birth secrets.

7. Do you post under your real name? Why or why not?

Snow_white is not my real name obviously…LOL 😀 Actually I think that blogging is a whole new world where I only talk about dramas and my thoughts on it. My real identity will not change anything about it and so it’s more convenient to separate the real and blogging life.

8. Who is your ultimate bias?

There are lots of actually. I like more than half of the actors of dramaland. Haha.

9. Are you a coffee or a tea addict?

I like both tea and coffee but I drink more tea (everyday) than coffee (occasionally)

10. What is your idea of a perfect drama?

A drama made intelligently but with lots of heart and a lovely couple with perfect actors and perfect chemistry, with an add-on feature of superb music. Basically, awesome direction, writing and acting.

Questions by Soori from “Second Lead Syndrome”

1. What was your first drama (Korean or other Asian drama) and what made you watch it?

Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. I was in a continuous browsing phase of more and more dramas and I was selecting them based on their synopsis. The marriage of convenience theme is my favorite which attracted me to finally start watching this one from the long list I prepared.

2. When you start a new drama, what are your requirements (eg. the plot, poster, trailer, writer, or PD and so on….)

Plot and actors come first. Then comes the team behind the drama.

3. What story (drama story) had an impact on your life, or if there are any?

Keeping up the positive attitude is something I’ve admired in many shows.

4. What is your favorite OST and why?

There are lots of OSTs as my favorites and it’s really difficult to pick one!

5. What are your thoughts in regards of the weak female leads?

I seriously want dramaland to make stronger female leads who can make their own decisions, are no-pushovers and can rule the world! The weak female leads annoy me to no limit and I can take that they start out weak but improve for the better with time but the constant showcase of them being weak and weepy throughout the series is something that should be changed. I believe that females deserve to be portrayed as they actually are in real life: equal to men in all respects. These dramas do have an impact on people though in varying degrees and strong female leads can really encourage women even in a small way.

6. What character you find similar to yourself and why?

There are shades of different characters from different shows.

7. Do you have any actresses/actors you used to dislike but ended up changing your opinion about her/him/them after watching a (certain) drama?

I didn’t dislike anyone but simply thought that they are just mediocre. The recent example is Yoona who I found quite meh in the only drama I watched with her: 9 End 2 Outs but the view completely changed after her lovely portrayal in Prime Minister And I.

8. Which variety show is your guilty pleasure?

I don’t watch variety shows. Not my cup of tea 🙂

9. Which singer/s made you cry?

More than the singers, it’s the lyrics of a song that make me cry.

10. What would be your ideal drama story?

Two best friends with no initial romantic feelings for each other get married due to family pressure and then fall in love. With lots of love, heart, feel-goodness, skinship and humour!

And now the nominees for my Liebster Award:

The Questions:

1. Who is your favorite K-ent actor and actress?

2. Talking about favorites, what are your favorite movies, TV serials, actors and actresses outside Kdramaland?

3. If your life were a drama, which one would it be?

4. Dramas or novels? Why?

5. Which color do you like the most and why?

6. Your dream cast for a drama: main leads as well as second leads………….

7. What is the best thing about blogging in your opinion?

35 thoughts on “THE LIEBSTER AWARD

1. Caitlyn

“Sleeping, watching movies/ dramas, reading.” Best kind of weekend, I reckon. Also, yay for Harry Potter! I was obsessed with the series when i was waiting for each book. I remember pre-ordering my book and then waiting in line at the bookstore for the minute it was released. We had to read it immediately, of course. You had to read it so that you could talk about it with everyone else straight away, lol

Thanks for the nomination! Those are some hard questions, I’ll have to really think about them!

2. Pingback: The Liebster Award | pantomiming

3. DDee

Oh so many in one go! Thanks so much for the nom Snow, I’ll get to it soon. And I do so agree that female leads can and do encourage women in real life, even in small ways. Go Eun Chan really encourages me 🙂

1. snow_white Post author

The post was pending from like forever and when I got the latest nominations, I finally decided to write one…..I’ll be waiting for your answers DDee 🙂

4. iaahero

Thank you so much for nominating me!! I’ll be sure to answer your questions soon. ^_^

One of my most favourite drama cliches is also having a cold arrogant hero and changes after he falls in love. Does it sounds wrong if I say I like chaebol romance dramas the best? Or one with bad boys in it? Or just a really badass heroes. I don’t mind. 😀 Although these days I try to pick dramas with different hero types.

Hands down I agree about your comment on the way the female leads are portrayed in most KDramas; weak and weepy. It’s so weird that they can handle their problems fine BEFORE they meet their leading hero, but after that the guy just has to step in and solve all her problems. A recent weak female lead that I can remember is *cough* Eun Sang *cough* Heirs *cough*. I don’t want to start ranting about her here though……………. 😐

1. snow_white Post author

You are not alone on the ‘chaebol romance’ love….I like them too…even if they have been used like zillion times…lol 😀
      But a new type of hero or heroine is always refreshing to see….I agree…
      Ohhh….Eun Sang was seriously annoying….I liked her before but as the show progressed, she became soooooo weak and weepy…..but later I started liking her again a bit….talk about the inconsistent characterization….but I think I liked her becoz she was played by Park Shin hye…Ha 😉

1. iaahero

Chaebol romance tend to be predictable and very stereotypical, but I like them because it’s sort of like a branding image of Kdramas. It’s like the representative genre for KDramas that you won’t necessarily find in other foreign dramas (even in other East Asian shows). I’m all up for new content but with chaebol romances, it gives a sense of familiarity that you only see when watching KDramas. Lol, don’t know how many times I’ve said Kdramas in one paragraph.

I think Heirs was my Park Shin Hye drama. I’ve watched You’re Beautiful, but only up to the 5th or maybe the 7th (?) episode and dropped it. 😦 So it was kind of hard for me to like Eun Sang (she was OK during their California trip, but meh after that). *pulls out hair*

1. snow_white Post author

You dropped You’re Beautiful!!!!!! That’s my most favorite show (one of them)…Awww….

Anyway, yes….the whole chaebol romance thing of this variety is so K-drama-esque…yes, there are mills and boon romances with the boss-secretary kind of romance but dramaland has a quality and heart attached with it…we never get bored with it….

5. Jaime the Drama Noona

So many good questions and so many excellent answers! I absolutely agree with your comment about weak female leads. I always enjoy a show more when the lead female role is strong. Or at least learns to stand up for herself as the story progresses.

1. snow_white Post author

Thanks a lot 🙂
      I know right….we can understand that not everyone can be badass….still, the growth can be shown and also sometimes the dramas show them little bit brave at first but as the show progresses, all become weak and weepy and yes, I simply hate that wrist grab thing too…lol

1. Jaime the Drama Noona

I hate that, when the heroine is strong at first and then once the show gets going she turns into a wimp. I seriously want to smack the writers when that happens? Why can’t the strong woman stay strong when she falls in love? Shouldn’t that love strengthen her? grrr… The wrist grab thing goes either way for me. I hate it in some shows, but in others like the end of My Girlfriend is a Gumiho I didn’t hate it. hehe I guess I’m fickle 🙂

1. snow_white Post author

Now that you mention it….I agree with the wrist grab being different for different situations….by the way, MGIAG was adorable from start to finish 🙂

1. Jaime the Drama Noona

For the most part the wrist grab is icky and I dislike it. But there are a few moments when it makes my fangirl heart flutter. Right?!? MGiaG was about the most adorable show I’ve ever watched. I loved it from start to finish.

6. misscupcakees

Yep, I totally agree with you about the weak female leads. I really want dramas to have strong female leads rather than those who can’t make a decision without consulting someone else!

7. Pingback: I got nominated for the Liebster Award~ | Second Lead Syndrome!

8. Pingback: [UPDATE] I got nominated for the Liebster Award~ | Second Lead Syndrome!

9. Pingback: Liebster Shower [Round 2!] | The Fangirl Verdict

10. Pingback: I’ve Been Liebstered! |

11. Pingback: Liebster Award Take 2 & 3 | A Mix of Anything and Everything

12. Pingback: The Ninja Award | kdrama laws

13. Pingback: Liebsterama! | sphere of gray

14. Pingback: [UPDATE] I got nominated for the Liebster Award~ | Second Lead Syndrome!

15. brightfotini

Nice reading your post!
    I also love stories with cold main leads that change due to love and also stories which involve contract marriages..
    I need to get around watching Delightful Girl Choon Hyang. I think I’m gonna like it a lot. I just have a feeling.. 🙂
    And I think we’ve said it before but I love Agatha Christie and Harry Potter too! I have read the Harry Potter books so many times, it’s not even funny! They were a great company..

1. snow_white Post author

Aw…thanks 🙂
      You must give Delightful Girl Choon Hyang a try….it is comparatively older, so some things will look dated or over used but it was one of the firsts to start the trendy rom-coms type and it’s so much fun with so much heart…and Jae Hee is awesome…plus, it’s written by the Hong Sisters! (I can talk about it continuously….lol 😉 )

Yay for the love for Agatha Christie and Harry Potter…a great company indeed! 🙂

16. Pingback: Even more Liebster! | Creating Volumes

17. BetsyHp

Oh my gosh, I loved Nancy Drew! My mom tried to get me to enjoy math more by saying, “Betsy, it’s just like a Nancy Drew mystery!” Which… didn’t work, but she was adorable for trying. 😉

Also, thank you so much for the nomination! And! I finally, finally got it done. 😀
    Here.

1. snow_white Post author

Aww….that’s so adorable: Maths and Nancy Drew Mystery..wow! I even thought of becoming an investigator back then as I was so thrilled with her adventures…lol 😀

Loved your answers BetsyHp….as always…your writing is totally awesome.

18. Pingback: THE LIEBSTER AWARD (Part 2) | The Drama Corner