Prime Minister And I just keeps getting better and better. I’m so in love with it. This week’s episodes were neatly tied with the occasion of Christmas eve and brought so much warmth and affection. We got to see more into side characters who I didn’t bother about earlier but now can see more than their surface level personas. Our lovely couple gets closer with each passing moment and there is personal growth for each one of the denizens in this world of PMAI.
Some of the things I loved in Episodes 5 and 6:
- All romantic accidents between Da Jung and Yul and the awkwardness that follows.
- The way Yul encourages Da Jung to face and fight all problems by herself after she gets mistreated in that Lily club meeting. Finally a hero who tells a heroine this instead of saving her by treating her as a damsel in distress.
- The whole ‘where did the frog-cum-contract paper go’ mystery. It was really funny!
- Yul’s understanding about his thoughtlessness regarding his children was nicely woven along with shedding light on the issues faced by Woo Ri.
- Yul attending Man Se’s school function: adventurous + heartwarming + cute.
- Da Jung’s selection of presents for everyone: I love it when dramas give importance to each and every character and this scene beautifully brought spotlight to each one; be it all the family members or the staff or the guards. It also made it clear how affectionate our Da Jung is.
- The gift Da Jung gave to Yul: Arabian Nights book and the way she narrated it and then finally, when she falls asleep, the parallel portrayal of Yul reading the paragraph about, “She was the one who rescued me, the one who came to find me when I couldn’t sleep” and Da Jung’s head falling on his shoulders. Loved it.
- I love Yul and Da Jung individually as well as together. Also, the way they show care for each other in small-small gestures just makes me really happy. Be it him sewing the doll for her or her caring about his insomnia. I like that they argue only on trivial things but at the end of the day, they understand each other’s goodness and even complement and appreciate it. Not to mention, the normal time they spent together and chat as well.
- The way our couple moved from sleeping in separate rooms to sharing a bed.
- I liked that now I’m able to see more layers in motives and nature of Hye Joo and Joon Ki.
- The deal with In Ho may not be as clear as daylight yet but now we know that his connection with PM might have something to do with his hyung. Yoon Shi Yoon looks so good with his new hairdo. I keep repeating this as a broken record.