Last few days saw a slew of premieres and after a short gap, I tried all of them. I liked many but due to one reason or the other, I ended up dropping most of them. Here is a summary of my drama week (and some other things):
- Liar Game: Excellent! The reveal at the end of episode 8 sent chills down my spine.
- Pinocchio: I liked the first episode and it hit all the right emotional buttons for me. I hate that female reporter and I’m already rooting for our hero. The kids were adorable.
- Misaeng: Yet to start this show, about which I’ve only heard good things. As soon as I get the time, I’m gonna embark on this journey of common man.
- I started a book — A Thousand Splendid Suns.
- I watched two back to back movies this week: Gone Girl (an awesome thriller) and Interstellar (spectacular and amazing).
- I watched the premiere episodes of Mr. Back and Birth Of A Beauty. The former is funny but that’s the only thing I liked about it. The latter is good but my issue with over-husband-worship did not allow me to go forward.
Ah, yes Pinocchio is going strong, right? I loved the first two episodes, and Liar Game is splendid! I’m loving Misaeng the most, though, it’s very refreshing, give it a try the first thing when you get some time. 🙂
Hahaha, i too tried Mr. Back – it’s crazy weird and oddly funny, I’m holding onto it till the funny starts getting on my nerves, the grandpa parts were priceless though XD
I’m in love with Pinocchio! ❤
Shin Ha Kyun's expressions are priceless…so, so funny! I'm having some issues about him being a 70 year old grandpa…and having feelings for a girl who doesn't know the reality….but, yes…the drama is fun…have kept it on hold..
Liar Game is splendid indeed! I love both SSR and LSY 🙂
Misaeng is the only one of these I’m watching and it’s excellent. Like all around excellent and deserves all the praise it’s getting. The rest are not my cup of tea. There have been so few dramas I’ve found to my liking this year and even fiewer I’ve truly loved. It’s sort of depressing.
I started Misaeng yesterday (have seen only ep 1) and it’s so good! I felt so much for Geu rae…he is so under-confident and awkward and miserable…my heart kept on melting for him…
it’s different and without any fluffiness or colours….I like the realistic vibe it has…
Kwon Sang Seung said:
I’m really curious about Misaeng! Mr. Back got really intense on episode 4!
I just started Misaeng yesterday…It’s different and good…