Welcome to this brand new segment of the blog where I will be summarizing latest news from the Korean drama and film world!
- Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin make a beautiful couple and the latest stills from their upcoming tvN drama Crash Landing On You are proof! The show about romance between a North Korean military officer and a South Korean heiress is continuously releasing promo material in the form of teasers, stills and posters. It is coming up on our screens this December.
- Kim Tae Hee is eyeing a comeback with tvN’s Hello, Mom. The actress has not appeared in any project since 2015’s Yongpal. Next few years saw her marriage to Rain and giving birth to two kids. Hello, Mom is a fantasy drama about a woman who dies but gets a chance to stay as human for 49 days and spend time with her family. Lee Kyu Hyung (Prison Playbook) has been offered the male lead role. The drama is written by the writer of Go Back Couple.
- I didn’t even know that Ha Ji Won (Secret Garden) and Yoon Kye Sang (Best Love) will be appearing in a new drama together till I saw the poster of Chocolate. It is a story by star writer Lee Kyung Hee of Sorry I Love You, Nice Guy and Uncontrollably Fond and is set in a hospice. Heroine is a world famous chef while hero is a neurosurgeon who aspired to become a chef. It premieres on November 29.
- Now this is what I call a power acting duo! Ra Mi Ran (Answer Me 1988) and Seo Hyun Jin (Oh Hae Young Again) are confirmed for tvN drama Black Dog and it is set in a high school. Ha Joon (Six Flying Dragons) costars.
- Jang Hyuk (Voice) and Sooyoung (Dating Agency Cyrano) are teaming up for OCN thriller Call It Like You See It. To be honest, I’m excited only for the actors as the plot seems pretty pedestrian with a genius profiler, detective with photographic memory and a serial killer chase.
- Park Seo Joon (She Was Pretty) will next appear in movie titled Dream where he will play a soccer player who becomes the coach of a special homeless soccer team. Basically an underdog tale which always makes me interested despite being done thousands of times. It is helmed by the director of movie Extreme Job and drama Melo Is My Nature.